We aim to cater for the needs of all our guests to our home based, owner occupied, bed & breakfast accommodation. The following statement is a summary of our provision. Please contact us should you have any specific questions relating to our property & we will endeavour to help.
- We may be contacted by telephone (landline or mobile), e-mail, or letter.
- Public transport is available to Padstow, by public bus service, from Bodmin/Wadebridge and the Newquay direction. The nearest railway station is Bodmin Parkway. The nearest airport is Newquay. Taxi numbers are available on request. The tourist information office, Tel:- (01841) 533449 or at www.padstowlive.com contains lots of local information.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
There is ample off street parking at Tor View, which has a wide entrance of 6m, onto a sloping brick paved driveway. Entrance to the house is via two steps from the drive (measuring step one, 15cm high and 32cm depth, step two, 13cm high and 27cm depth). The door opens inwards (with a threshold of 9cm high and an opening of 82cm wide), to a porch area with grey marble floor tiles and an inner glass door, opening inwards (with a threshold of 2cm high, and an opening of 82cm wide), to a fully carpeted hallway.
There is one entrance to be used by guests on arrival which is clearly marked. We endeavour to meet guests (please see check in times on website). Help with luggage is available.
Public Areas (Stairs, Hall etc)
Bedrooms are accessed from the hall on the ground floor. The hallway opens via an archway into the inner lobby which leads to the staircase, and is fully carpeted with a handrail & tread widths of 84cm, 14 stairs in total lead to the kitchen which has a tiled floor, then through a door measuring 75cm wide into the dining room/lounge which is fully carpeted.
Public Areas (Sitting Room, Lounge, Lobbies etc)
Guests are welcome to use the inner lobby seating area, which forms part of the hallway and has access to the stairs, fridge and Room 3.
The dining room forms part of the open plan lounge accessed via a doorway opening inwards from the kitchen 75cm wide. We have separate oak wood tables 76cm high with moveable leather chairs.
There are no public laundry facilities.
There are a selection of shops available in the town approximately 5 minutes walk as well as a Tesco supermarket just a few minutes walk away.
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
- 1 Double & 1 King size Bedrooms.
- Room 1: Double with large window to the front of the property. 2 black leather stools, bed height 50cm, doorway opening inwards 75cm – has en-suite bathroom with step up shower cubicle(step 25cm high), has built in modern white furniture with an integrated chest of drawers, 1 shelf each side of the bed.
- Room 2: King size with large window to the rear of the property & glimpses of the river, 2 tub armchairs with footstools, bed height 59cm, doorway opening inwards 75cm- has en-suite bathroom with a walk in shower cubicle has traditional cream furniture, comprising of wardrobe & dressing table, a shelf on one side of the bed and a bedside table on the other side of the bed.
- Room 3: Double with window to the rear of the property and glimpses of the river. 2 stools, bed height 53cm doorway opening inwards 69cm, has en-suite bathroom with walk in shower cubicle. Built in beach wardrobes with glass doors and shelves each side of bed.
- Lighting switched from doorway & bedside lamps.
- Fitted carpets throughout.
- Room 1 doorway opening outwards 67cm wide, grey tiled floor, fully white tiled walls, toilet situated between corner shower cubicle & wall with some space around toilet, basin other side of shower with mirror cabinet over, heated towel rail.
- Room 2 doorway opening outwards 67cm wide, terracotta floor tiles, fully white tiled walls, toilet situated between corner shower cubicle & wall with some space around toilet, vanity unit with basin on the other side of shower with lighted mirror over, heated towel rail.
- Room 3 doorway opening outwards 75cm wide, grey slate floor tiles with white tiled walls, large corner shower cubicle, Heated towel rail to left of doorway and half pedestal wash basin and toilet on adjacent wall. Mirror and shaver light over basin.
Grounds and Gardens
The garden is available for guest use, smoking is permitted on the patio area where an ashtray is provided. The garden is accessed via a gate to the right of the front door, a pathway leads to a raised patio area via 3 steps where there is a wooden patio table and chairs and from where you will be able to enjoy wonderful estuary views.
- There is mobile reception, Wi-fi is available free of charge.
- We are able to use the front door, owners door & back door/garage door for emergency evacuation. Residents can be alerted if necessary. Special requirements should be made known at time of booking.
- There is a strict no smoking policy in the house.
- Decoration throughout is cream or white on walls, white skirting boards and doors, natural wood staircase. Carpets throughout are of a natural colour.
- Owners are on call/available 24hours a day.
- Emergency procedures/information available in room folders.
- 01841 532961 Landline
- 07791069579 Lisa mobile
- 07816251742 James mobile
Please use the contact form
Hours of Operation
- Check in between 1500hrs – 1930hrs unless by prior arrangement.
- Day of departure – it is requested that rooms are vacated by 10.30hrs on day of departure.